View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 12:38 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Dentists and Physicians always have an emergency contact when they are away from the office. They either have an answering service or another doctor on call or they leave their cell number as the emergency number. Any dentist or doctor that does not do that, is irresponsible. If you left a message and no one got back to you, that is also irresponsible.

The reason to see someone at this time is to determine if it is an infection. Based on the diagnosis it may require some surgical or other intervention at this time before it spreads further into the jawbone or up into the sinus cavity. An infection would also contaminate the bone graft material and the graft would either eventually fall out or need to be removed.

The unhealed areas in your upper left quadrant are from extractions that were done years ago?? They look like open wounds. Just curious, has your dentist commented on those areas?

By any chance do you smoke? The chemicals in tobacco or pot can prevent proper healing of the jaw bone and oral tissue. You could be getting an odor from those areas as well as the front.

It's up to you to find a dentist to go to. If the hospital has a dentist on staff that is who they would call in. If they don't have a dentist on staff, there is nothing they can do for you.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicasuserid View Post
Ty for your response. I noticed a liquid coming out beyond the white and it’s smells horrendous and no he didn’t leave no contact he just said if you need to leave a message I may stop and check but I’ll be out of town. I had the other teeth pulled years ago. Only this tooth pulled. I’m going to er per another office told me to do they have on call dentists but I still don’t see the point of going cause don’t think they will do anything but who knows. So if it’s infection does it have to all come out? All I know my mouth taste and smells so bad I can’t take it ugh 😞

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (12-31-2019), Wren (12-31-2019)