View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 12:19 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostukei View Post
Well, to me it does not seem like one of a billion.
Week1: woke up with typical symptoms of cubital tunnel in left arm. Asked my family doctor, she agreed: ring and pinky fingers were tingling and getting partially numb from time to time, I was getting electrical shocks in them when touching areas where the ulnar nerve goes near my left elbow.
Week2: no changes.
Week3: started feeling similar things in right hand, but much lighter than in left.
Week4: started experiencing electrical shocks in left toes, mostly in the second.
Week5: started having burning in feet in arms, heart palpitations and bad sweats during night sleep. My calves (mostly left again) started to be weak.
Week6: had all the above but my arms started to get better.
Week7(now): hands have some tingling from time to time, but are way better. Sweats and burning went away. Legs snd feet do get some tingling and some muscle twitches from time to time, but no burning any more. Left calf is noticeably weaker than right.
I am meeting a neuro in 2 weeks.
I did routine bloodwork a couple of weeks before it all started, thytoid, liver and kidney numbers were normal, sugar was 99, which right on the upper border and I did not eat snything before the test. My tryglicerides were high (165) and good cholesterol was low, while bad one was elevated. I am a little obese. I used to drink a few times per week with total number of drinks about the norm or slightly higher, but not too crazy. A few weeks before it started, I also had a flu shot with that anti H1N1 stuff among the ingredients as this what they expected this year.
That was a pretty rapid onset too, what the heck is it, could the metabolic syndrom or my alcohol consumption be a cause for such a rapid development in all kinds of nerves? Or flu shot?
I was also very very stressed the last several months...
I am now taking b1, b12, E, b-complex, folate, alpha lipoic acid, fish oil, C, and acetyl L carnitine while waiting for my neuro appointment.
Hey Kostukei,

Happy New Year first!

Did you get a diagnosis? Any improvement? Mine still seems two worsen after 12 weeks...

Regards
Klebk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote