View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 07:41 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Medication induced symtoms?

Hi. I am a new member to this site. Came across it during my many recent google searches.

I have ankylosing spondylitis and have taken humira for 3 years very successfully. I was recently prescribed a 10mg statin. After 14 days (8 weeks ago)I started feeling tingling and pain in my left foot, lower leg and thigh. After a few days this went in to my right leg and both forearms. I had allodynia on my right arm but this seems to have settled although I do have some bad prickly pain from this arm. I do get some hand activity and finger numbness but seems triggered by the elbow and forearms. 2 weeks later I starting feeling tingling in my head and back and this has progressed over the last 2 weeks in to my face (forehead, around eyes and down in to cheeks and chin) which has been very disconcerting. My anxiety is through the roof which could be contributing. Current foot pain is a burning on the bottom of the ball and a coldness on the top of the toes. The pain isnt major but it is very annoying. It has now been 8 weeks since start of symptoms, 7.5 weeks since I stopped the statin and 6 weeks since my last humira dose.

My bloods are normal. MRI of my brain, neck and lumbar are normal. I am having nerve conduction EMG test next week.

To me this is clearly medication related. Has any one had any experience with this. If it was going to improve would it have done so by now? I would appreciate any feedback.
Anthony777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote