View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 12:57 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Thanks again, Jim. I've gone through a number of posts and did notice Annie and that it seems she's been gone. Hopefully she's ok.

I actually used to live in FL but now live in the hottest part of CO : . IF the weakness I've had since the early 2000s is MG, then I must have gone into some sort of remission as I didn't have flares in FL but did still have the weakness in the hands and wrists, and some in the ankles. It wasn't as bad as now but I still lost the ability to bowl and certain other sports that I was pretty good at. Things blew up again in late 2014/early 2015, and this was following a stressful time in my life (illness, caring for and loss of my mother). It began with aching arms and/or legs and progressed to more weakness in those areas or severe flares of such. Now I also have aching forearms and lower legs in the summer as well, along with the increased weakness in those areas.

Now I'm a little excited amd wired because I read the thread about caffeine, and I tried it. I took 2 black teabags in a cup and steeped them and then drank it all. I then proceeded to mop my floors with no issues other than mid-back ache which I know is from being out of shape and my spine issues. I then just almost finished vacuuming my couch which normally means I have to rest awhile after just a section, and again had none of the usual issues except the back is acting up. Normally the muscles in the back to the sides get terribly weak, and they didn't, and my wrists and hands were ok also but wrists did begin to weaken as it had been awhile since the tea. I just drank another cup of the same and am taking a time out to let it get in my system and then I'm going to finish. I'm not good with caffeine as it makes me crash but I'm so excited right now that just maybe I can do normal things even if temporarily and have some solution - even if no dx. I've been very scared bc I support myself and I have to work, but I'm lucky to work remotely from home so I can take breaks as I need to (which is frequently in the summer and so my work does suffer which causes more stress and more weakness). This has already been a long haul for me and humiliating as nobody understands and of course you don't look sick. Just maybe I'm close to an answer. I truly hope my PCP lets me try Mestinon.

Thank you again for listening and sorry for the rambling, but this has been ridiculous and I'm at least a tad hopeful now about getting some sort of answer and having something to at least help me if not.
Snoozebutton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote