View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 10:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dear Tena...

You are wise because you don't believe everything that you hear

"I am not selling this product -
however I am researching it."

The Rev is right Tena. So much of advertisement "claims" are pure garbage that it boggles the mind. This is the type of free speech misuse that would have our founding fathers spinning in their graves. When I see these things advertised for sale that are snake oil, I feel sorry for poor people who are sick and desperate who get sucked in and buy these type of products. I don't know why there is no agency that really protects the consumer from these lying charlatans . If you haven't been trained in biology, physics, chemistry and the like, then it is difficult to get the REAL TRUTH behind the lies that people tell, themselves protected by "freedom of speech"
In your first post about "zeolites" for instance. Zeolites are just a classification of certain types of minerals that have more "open" molecular structures. Inorganic chemists can do some tricks like say sequester a charged metal ion in the "cages" that exist in certain zeolite structures, but thats about all "zeolites" can do. They cannot tell the difference between a toxic organic molecule and a non-toxic organic biomolecule of the same size and shape, and biomolecules are for the most part neutral in charge, so there are no strong interactions with them. The only way to get "toxins" out of ones body are first of all few and far between, one example that comes to mind is cleaning out mercury from the bloodstream using dimercaprol, one of a very few uses of "chelating agents" only used in certain cases of metal poisoning. Dialysis CAN remove certain toxins from the blood but only for a limited amount of molecular toxin types, and usually not efficiently enough to be of great use. In other poisonings, total blood replacement by transfusions is the only way to prevent death, and has to be done very quickly after the poisoning event before irreparable damage to organs is done. There are NO KNOWN quick and easy methods to rid the body of often very small amounts of potent toxins such as afflatoxin, PCB's, polyaromatics, dioxins, etc. which every one of us has as a result of 20th century industrial pollution and poisons from natural sources that have always been with us.
So you see only by digging and doing a lot of researching does one find out whether a product is useful, minimally useful, does nothing, or , indeed, is harmful itself. Keep on researching It's the only real way to the TRUTH, as best as we can get it. And don't ever be put off by ignorant people who often take offense at your wisdom. They do this because it could put them out of business, selling their bogus wares.
In the constitution, if they had known back then, it would have the amendment reading more like "freedom of telling the truth, and punishments for spreading lies". Maybe if this were so, we WOULD BE the greatest nation on Earth
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote