Thread: Diagnosis Stage
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 10:01 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Just an update:

Went to a rheumatologist, monoclonal disease was ruled out (thank goodness, was worried about myeloma as my uncle died of it, and amyloidosis because I'm a hypochondriac and saw it on the internet). ANA is negative. Rheum factors are negative. SED rate dropped from 36 to 11 (hooray!) but CRP remains elevated at 1.1 (rheum said that is not of much concern).

B12 levels have improved - from 200 to 500. I still have some issues.

Orthopedist ordered nerve conduction and EMG, which I just had done Monday. They are both normal.

My left sural nerve area (heel/bottom of foot) is still numb to the touch and VERY painful when I flex my foot with my leg out (ie: walk lol), tingling all over my left leg (shin, thigh, both on the front and back), The left side of my face tingles, and my left fingertips are starting to feel tingling / odd as well.

I'm seeing a new neurologist as mine said "go to the ER" then said "well if you don't want to do that just wait and see" without seeing me, only hearing my worsening numbness over the phone. So that's cool. New neuro is in April. (to be noted, I do have lesions on my brain, my first retired neuro said he suspected MS but retired before I had a 2nd "flare up," the new one said "this is a healthy brain" and dismissed me immediately).

I'm not sure where to go with this, I have no idea what could be causing it? I don't want to google due to my hypochondria, but the constant numbness in my heel / sural nerve is concerning to me, as well as the new onset tingling in my left toes and left fingertips. I feel like I'm going crazy - I started seeing a therapist for my health anxiety / generalized anxiety but I know this isn't all in my head, especially since I have actual tearing pain / numbness now instead of "burning / tingling" (which seems to make people not believe you).

I feel so exhausted (and broke!) by this process... sigh.
gailveronica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (01-08-2020)