View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 01:30 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

This hormone issue has been studied for over a decade. Yes, there are periods when some WOMEN are more sensitive to the effects of a concussion.

A researcher in Atlanta tried to develop a patented protocol using venture capital to get a progesterone based early intervention therapy approved for sale. After a few years of clinical testing, the protocol was found to be ineffective.

Some women can benefit from a neuro-endocrine assessment. NT has had a few women benefit from hormone rebalancing. Not much has helped men.

Watch the Concussion vs Whiplash YouTube.

Also, if you notice the posts by people with sensitivity to head movement and contacts, their writing exhibits a thought process of over-analyzing all of the events of each day in an anxious or fearful way. The science shows that people who over-analyze the little things in life will have longer and more problematic recoveries.These people also tend to live busy lives. These busy lives are often a form of self medicating. "If I am constantly attentive too all of these things, I will feel better about my life." This 'over-attending" to life can be a challenge to people who suffered a concussion.

This over-attending keeps cortisol levels high, effecting other hormones and neurotransmitters.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote