View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 02:15 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Firstly, all these claims are pure conjecture. You cannot certainly say that these new head incidents are not new concussions. I believe that completely not considering the possibility that the head sensitivity is real and not psychosomatic is irresponsible and could result in much suffering.

It would be most likely 100% psychosomatic if patients had a history of just one concussion, but everyone reporting this problem seems to have the exact same story. A male with 4-5 concussions starts to spiral downwards, getting more and more susceptible to new concussions. The process is gradual, each new incident taking away more vulnerability, which contrasts a classic psychosomatic story.

Considering that 40% of DOCTORS' diagnoses are predicted to be wrong, and our current knowledge and imaging technology regarding the brain is poor, it is bold to assume that multiple head injuries cannot result in vulnerability to new ones. Didn't the NFL doctors believe CTE was psychosomatic until science caught up?

I am not sure if my hypopituitarism is involved with the sensitivity, but the fact that the PCS symptoms and head sensitivity shared the exact same onset gives me hope. I had ~ 5 concussions prior without head sensitivity and without PCS symptoms, but a very minor one set off the whole problem.
Michael4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote