Thread: Hi THERE!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 09:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

14 years post-diagnosis and I'm optimistic about my PD future.

That's not because I think that a cure will be found in time to help me. It's not because I think that big-pharma will start doing the right things for the right reasons. It's not that I think I will get better care from the medics. No, I think that I'm able to better manage my day-to-day problems than I was.

For instance, I've never had any dyskinesia. I put that down to a drug regimen which reduces the magnitude of the changes of levodopa and equivalent levels during the course of the day. This means smaller, more frequently doses, and longer half-life meds. (5x75 mg Stalevo, 8 mg ropinirole CR, 1 mg rasagiline

For many years constipation was my worst PD symptom. Last year I found a way of reducing its effects greatly: water enema, macrogel. This allowed me to travel to Canada for the first time in 6 years.

Last, but not least, I walk, and I walk ...

To be clear, I don't think that these techniques will work for everyone. No, of course they won't. But, I think that most of us could find something that, if only temporarily, made our life better.

John
johnt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soccertese (01-10-2020)