View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 09:48 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

The photo you posted, when were those teeth removed and is this the only area of recently extracted teeth?

In some patients, the gum area of tooth extractions can take months to heal completely. In all patients, the jaw bone takes about a year to fully fill in.

If you are a slow healer then there are contributing factors. Could be poor diet, lifestyle habits, medications prescribed or OTC, smoking and/or alcohol consumption, poor oral hygiene, periodontal disease, dental cavities or other dental problems ... autoimmune issues.

Do any of those things apply to you?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa80 View Post
I'm still waiting for the wounds to completely heal... The sockets are still filled with the red granulation tissue and not covering with pink gum. Still no pain neither swelling. In the last appointment the dentist told me that the cause wasn't anything bad but I'm having a very tough time not worring about it

In a few days I have a new appointment, and I'm a little scared because I don't see my gums getting any better than they are at this point.

I have a very cracked wisdom teeth waiting for extraction (and other teeth waiting for more dental work). Could these pending infections/problems be interfering in the healing process of other sites of the mouth?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote