View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 06:48 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I have now had 5 back surgeries. The 1st was a fusion of S1 and L5 along with laminectomy and decompression of l2 through l4. 2 years later had to have laminectomy of l2 through l4 again. Unfortunately the surgery did not go well and left me in worse shape with additional symptoms. 2 months later another surgery by a different doctor to fix that. 2 years later another surgery with a fusion of l4 through l2 that was connected to existing fusion. This December because of severe degeneration above these fusions I have had to undergo another surgery with fusion of L1 through T9. For some unknown reason the fusion was not connected to the lower fusions and as result have suffered a fractured vertebrae between them. Outcome is yet to be determined. Was told by surgeon they could go back
I in and connect these which of course means another surgery or let the fracture heal in its own. This will take much longer and creates excruciating pain. I am also in a special clam shell brace for an indefinite period. Had I know back then what I know now would definitely have explored other options. I'm 55 years old and feel 75. Uncertain what the future holds but am certainly done with the surgery thing
Dcowan64 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote