View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 05:20 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Spinal Cord Stimulator Psych exam denial

Hello everyone, I just joined here and am hoping to get some information. I am asking for my sister who is not very computer savvy. She has extreme pain in her back and was referred for a Spinal Cord Stimulator, she had to go to a Neuro/Psych exam 3 days ago and just got a call from her back doctor's office that she has been denied. The back doctor will call her tomorrow to tell her what she can. I was hoping to get information if anyone has been through this before, can the decision from the psych doctor be appealed or can she get a 2nd opinion. She is so upset right now she has been crying nonstop and she doesn't usually fight what they say and takes what they say as it is the last word. I told her to ask if she can appeal or do anything else but thought I would try to find any information I can for her but I'm having trouble finding out any info online. She went to the psych exam and was truthful and tried to be upbeat and positive. He seemed to focus on the fact that she is on several medications for depression, would that make a difference? In my opinion, of course, she is depressed she can barely walk and cannot sleep in a bed anymore and can barely sleep in a chair.

Thank you

William
will.bastin@yahoo.c is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote