View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 01:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Concussive or Subconcussive Impact - Please Respond

Hi everyone!

I was sitting in my room on Tuesday night, leaned forward to take off my shoes while sitting on the side of my bed, and my head made contact with the frame of the metal desk chair I have. Definitely felt it, cussed a bit because it hurt enough to, but no bump or bruise.

Probably about 5-10 seconds after the hit, I got a moderate throbbing headache. The headache has been on and off since - invariably present when I wake up, and it comes/goes throughout other parts of the day. I didn't have any immediate symptoms of nausea, "dazed," dizziness, vomiting, or problems with balance.

In addition to the variably persistent headaches, I've had some sensitivity to noise/light, slowed thinking, short-term memory issues, and acting weird (put the avocado meant for my lunch in my oatmeal bowl this morning).

Wondering whether or not this could be a concussive impact? This feels somewhat analogous to getting a concussion from hitting one's head on a door frame or car trunk.

Thank you for any thoughts you might have, and any time you are willing to give.

Sincerely,
Squash

Last edited by squash291; 01-17-2020 at 02:15 PM.
squash291 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote