View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 01:40 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I have very similar issue right now. I had a root canal done 3.5 months ago on tooth #15, the toot hurt for about a week when I noticed I started to develop other syptoms. The gum around the toot that I had a root canal on started to burn. Over time the burning sensation spreded to my gums and my tongue, I went to see many oral surgents, dentists and no one can figure out what is causing the burning sensation. My gums look good, not swollen or red. Couple days ago I decided to extract the toot that the root canal been done on. Its been 6 days after the extraction and the burning sensation is still present but shifted towards the center of the mouth, the tongue and the gums in the center. The other problem is that the roots were overfilled with sealant during the root canal procedure and when I was extracting the tooth the oral surgent coulnt reach for that material to clean it out and said It is in the mixillary sinus and If I want to get it out of there I need a separate surgery for that. The materials that been used on RCT are Cavit(temporary filling) Gutta percha, and tubli seal (zinc, oxide, eugenol). I am going to see an allergist in 2 days to see if maybe I have an allergic reaction to tubli seal, since the material is still in sinus, my question is can I have all these symptoms due to an allergic reaction to any of the dental materrials, or there might be other underlying issue behind all of this. If any of you have any thoughts on this, I would greatly appreciate them all! Thanks
Hanna Oli is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote