View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 11:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Interesting week so far. My health care provider doesn't have a MDS close to where I live. In fact, they only have one in my entire coverage area which is insane for highly populated Southern California. And the one they do have, it takes 9+ months to get in to see him, takes me 2 hours each way to get to his office (in stop and go traffic the entire way) and he has a horrible reputation as well. So I've been fighting my insurance company to go "out-of-network" to see a local MDS that has been great to me. My local neurology department is horrendously bad, so I have no choice but to fight.

Well, of course my insurance company denied my first request, and then just denied my appeal. So now everything goes off to the State for an Independent Medical Review and a complaint with the Department of Managed Health Care. It's amazing how much I have to fight to get proper care, but I guess it's a fight worth undertaking. This is my health after all and I won't accept sub-par care.

The good news is, we're off to Hawaii for a much needed vacation! The resort we stay at has 4 private lagoons with white sandy beaches and crystal clear water, so I'm looking forward to doing some "floating" in those lagoons. Makes all my aches and pains go away and I almost feel normal!

Have a great week everyone. Aloha!

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote