View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 08:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow I am mind blown to find this thread. Here is my story.

May of 2019 I found a bite on my wrist. Could not recall how it got there but it looked strange. I racked my brain but could not figure it out. Back tracked my last day and I was outdoors, in a home warehouse store that has birds and other things flying around in there. Still did not think much of it until day 2 when the bite marks got big welts around them.

My husband talked me into going to the ER to get it looked at and the attending said it looked very suspicious and I could either wait and see (hope it was not a bat bite) or get vaccinated. He said the wait and see part will not end well if it is a bat that had rabies. So that day I got immunoglobulin and imovax.

The first day I felt terrible. Flu sensations and to make matters worse, my son brought home a summer flu so I we both ended up with an upper resperatory infection and I almost got phneumonia. I felt terrible on the first day which was all the rabies shot. I started to get hot and feverish within a few hours, followed by the worst headache ever. Nausea etc. I felt better though the next day but shortly it was time for the next shot, and the same miserable feelings came with each shot worse then the one prior. When I finished the series I was happy but felt off. Along with the tremendous panic of being bat bitten and the potential of dying coupled with the shots I was a train wreck. I could not sleep, was amped up, full blown panic and insomnia. I could not sleep for almost 7 days. I would wake up at 4am every single night. I attribute 75% of this to the shots.

Anyhow In the months to follow I was feeling better and glad that was behind me. However in August I started getting tooth pain. I have had 2 root canals just over the past few months but they did not help the pain which tells me it might be some type of facial nerve pain syndrome.

Has anyone else had this after the rabies shots? I don't get any tingling in my body or the other symptoms you all describe. My main issues were through the course of the shots and seemed to improve there after other then this new thing. It could be totally unrelated but I worry about the small possibility of contracting a disease through the immunoglobulin and imovax. Prior to all of this I was a perfect image of health.

I don't want to scare anyone who is faced with being bitten. Please get the shot it can save your life.
burninghead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote