View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 09:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Hanna,

The post op xray is inferior diagnostically. A panoramic radio-graph or dental ct scan would be better.

Also, on the pre op x-ray you had an impacted wisdom tooth behind the rc tooth. On the post op x-ray that tooth is not present. Was that wisdom tooth extracted?

Yes, there is evidence of remnants of rc filling material, but it's difficult to determine the exact location of it from this poorly angled film. Also, there may be some retained root tips. A panoramic xray or dental CT scan would be warranted for proper diagnosis.

The burning pain could have more than one origin with sinus inflammation likely being at the top of that list. Inflammation occurs from the retained rc material which is a constant irritant, similar to having a splinter embedded in your finger. The floor of your sinus hang down low which when inflamed, irritated or infected could contribute to odd sensations in your maxillary jaw, palate and sinus as well as pressure in your ear.

Yes, you could be reacting negatively (allergic type symptoms) to the rc filling material. But it is more likely that the material is acting like a chronic irritant, like a splinter.

The chest pain, tightness, uncomfortable breathing... could be anxiety.

Either ask the oral surgeon to take a panoramic xray and/or dental ct scan or consult with a different oral surgeon to have those things done for a more thorough and definitive diagnosis.

Please let us know how you're doing.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Oli View Post
Heres the xrays of the tooth after root canal treatment and after the extraction.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote