View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 10:56 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I saw you replied in BOLD to other people so I will do the same in our conversation.

The post op xray is inferior diagnostically. A panoramic radio-graph or dental ct scan would be better.

I DO HAVE PONORAMIC RADIO-GRAPH THATS BEEN TAKEN BEFORE THE TOOTH EXTRACTION AND I DO HAVE A DENTAL CT, ALSO TAKEN BEFORE THE EXTRACTION.

Also, on the pre op x-ray you had an impacted wisdom tooth behind the rc tooth. On the post op x-ray that tooth is not present. Was that wisdom tooth extracted?

YES, I EXTRACTED THAT TOOTH BECAUSE THOUGHT MAYBE IT WAS GIVING ME ALL THE SYMPTOMS THAT I HAVE, BUT THE SYMPTOMS DIDNT GO AWAY, SO I AM ASSUMING IT WASNT THE CAUSE OF IT ALL.

Yes, there is evidence of remnants of rc filling material, but it's difficult to determine the exact location of it from this poorly angled film. Also, there may be some retained root tips. A panoramic xray or dental CT scan would be warranted for proper diagnosis.

SO WOULD YOU SUGGEST ME TO DO ANOTHER CT SCAN?

The burning pain could have more than one origin with sinus inflammation likely being at the top of that list. Inflammation occurs from the retained rc material which is a constant irritant, similar to having a splinter embedded in your finger. The floor of your sinus hang down low which when inflamed, irritated or infected could contribute to odd sensations in your maxillary jaw, palate and sinus as well as pressure in your ear.

I WENT TO ALLERGIST TODAY TO SEE IF MAYBE I HAVE AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO THIS MATERIAL WHICH REMAINS AFTER THE EXTRACTION, WE WILL DO THE TEST FOR ALLERGY IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS FROM NOW. SO, IF THE ALLERGY TEST COMES BACK NEGATIVE, DO YOU THINK IT CAN STILL IRRITATE THE SURROUNDING TISSUES AND GIVE ME ALL THESE SYMPTOMS? WOULD YOU SUGGEST ME TO CLEAN THIS MATERIAL OUT? ALSO, IS THERE A WAY TO CHECK FOR SINUS INFLAMATION? I AM SORRY, I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT DENTISTRY THAT'S WHY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT I SHOULD DO NEXT.

Yes, you could be reacting negatively (allergic type symptoms) to the rc filling material. But it is more likely that the material is acting like a chronic irritant, like a splinter.

The chest pain, tightness, uncomfortable breathing... could be anxiety.

WENT TO EMERGENCY ROOM RECENTLY AND THEY TOLD ME I PROBABLY HAVE AN ACID REFLEX WHICH RISES UP AND THATS WHY I MIGHT HAVE CHEST PAIN/TIGHTNESS/DIFFICULTY BREATHING. CAN THAT BE THE CASE?

Either ask the oral surgeon to take a panoramic xray and/or dental ct scan or consult with a different oral surgeon to have those things done for a more thorough and definitive diagnosis.

SO IF THE REMAINING MATERIAL IS IN THE MIXALLARY SINUS, IS THERE A WAY TO GET IT OUT OF THERE? CAN THAT IMPROVE MY SYMPTOMS? I UNDERSTAND IT IS HARD TO CONSULT IN DISTANCE BUT I WILL APPRECIATE ANY THOUGHTS/HELP SINCE I'VE CAME TO THE POINT WHERE I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO. AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REPLYING!
Hanna Oli is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote