View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 04:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batbite24 View Post
Virgin bride, virgin groom, married 47 years no infidelity, no illicit drugs, no blood transfusions. Yet here is this unavoidable risk because rabies is a death sentence if not immediately treated. I've had 3 ER visits in the last year for various reasons, and I think every time they do an ER blood draw they test for communicable disease. I'll have to ask my primary about that when we go in for our regular annual check up this Spring. Just have to continue to live my best life, the only direction is forward.
I think the risks are quite low so I don't want to cause any alarm. I am an over thinker so for me, I always am thinking of possibilities. There are online tests you can order yourself for blood work. I am to embarrassed to ask my MD - I got married in 89 to my soul mate so yeah there has been no infidelity. I may just order the tests if anything was wrong it would show up now in my blood work. They use a chemical that treats the blood. When you think of all the blood transfusions that are happening and the very small percentages who get ill off them I think it's the same concept. I have never received any blood or human biproducts in my life up until the shot. On the flip side had I not gotten the shot I would have counted down the next two years to see if I developed rabies. At least with the other diseases they are treatable. Rabies is the ultimate and most agonizing death sentence there is.
burninghead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote