View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 07:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think you are right that there is a time when there is no more progress, I have been noticing the same. I was gonna say "wow" @ the sand walking, but then I remembered I did pretty similar in the summer of 2018 in Italy. I was pretty relaxed back then (stress still has a huge impact on my pain levels), and the walking was pretty painless.

Anyway, not much to report, will be 2800 days next week. I will be going on a trip to Africa (Kenya) next month - if the corona virus doesn't mess things up, but I think it won't - with lots of travelling & trips. I have to admit I'm nervous about my feet holding up, but then again I think the reward will be worth it.

If you had asked me in 2012, I don't think "travelling to Kenya" would have been something I could imagine doing, but here we are.

Finally: for the folks who are still in doubt about their drinking, I'm currently reading this book from Prof. David Nutt, called "Drink?" It's pretty sobering (pun might be intended) as it lays out everything that happens when you a) drink and b) have a hangover. It's a pretty scary read, and before you think he needs to loosen up: he is a big proponent of THC, mushrooms, and even LSD used in the right way (could cure depression and PTSD...), so no, he's not "anti drugs" at all cost.

Alcohol Induced Neuropathy Part 2-drink_nutt-jpg

Anyway, even if you don't believe him (that alcohol is by far the worst drug humans ever invented), it's still a very interesting read, also with good tips for people who do NOT want to stop drinking.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (03-03-2020)