View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 10:15 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default CIDP and Wow!

Hi,
I just signed into the site tonight. I was trying to find the introduction thread and then I saw CIDP and then I scrolled down and saw “Anyone out there with CIDP” and it made me stop. My story is kinda long and no different than anyone else with Neuro issues but, I was diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease by CDC standards about oh, 4 years ago.

First though, I was a nurse working nights in the ER and got home around 8am and ready for bed!. I’d been having leg cramps, total legs which as a massage therapist prior to nurse, I didn’t think all muscles could cramp at one time. We were always taught to use the antagonist muscle to break the cramp in the one that was cramping.
See, it’s already getting long. Anyway, I cramped so bad that I tried to stand but, fell and broke a lamp while still screaming in pain. I grabbed a rug and covered the glass so my cats wouldn’t get cut.. I woke up the next morning, soaked in blood from a large piece of glass in my foot, which I didn’t feel.
Ok with just that info alone, it was a mess trying to figure out what was happening. I never knew I couldn’t feel my feet and parts of my legs. I just thought I was happy getting my sneakers off after running around the ER for 13 hours. Then after getting my foot stitched over the next 24 hours I noticed my hands were numb and tingling. Spent a couple weeks in the hospital, that was the last time I worked. Just like that.

It was after that, that they tested me for Lyme as I use to train horsed in NY state. I had all the bands to confirm via CDC that I was Lyme positive. That was 35+ years after training the horses and ticks were a daily event back then. I do remember being hospitalized with FUO (Fever of Unknown Origin) and just very sick. That was the beginning of this very long crazy illness. I’m 62 years old, living in an Assisted Living Facility, Permanently disabled, totally confused as to what happened. Many other issues, heart attack, stroke, cancer, yet I wake up everyday still. Sorry to introduce myself on your thread but your post caught my eye so fast, I had to respond.

I’ll be looking through the Site and as a newby, I didn’t even notice when you posted this or what? All I know is I couldn’t pass it by. I hope you are doing as well as can be, I certainly don’t mind if you want to discuss any of these issues and more. Thanks for jumping off the page, not that I wish you ill, but I thank you for posting.

Mark
Flmarcus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (02-07-2020)