View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 03:00 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Lichen sclerosis

All,

Wanted to post an article I just saw that details a thing called lichen sclerosis.

Basically it details how it's an autoimmune disease that (for whatever reason) can be flared up and cause major issues. It sounds like it could potentially be an infection, injury, or other causes that could make it flare up. I for one had bad exzema as a child (also known as least skin) and would become highly allergic and itchy if I sat in a tub of soapy bathwater (my condition seems worse when using a very harsh soap)

I read somewhere else that this condition can go away on its own after a number of years but the common treatment for this is a steroid cream. I personally tried a steroid cream for about 10 days and developed the most horrible itchy rash I could imagine. After having stopped the cream the whole condition seemed to almost clear up for a few days, only to slowly return in about a weeks time (they recommend at least two weeks in the beginning but then multiple times a week after that). If this is an autoimmune condition, I'm hoping that, like my exzema, it continues to improve over time (I don't have any problems with exzema anymore).

Would love to hear to hear others thoughts.
Bballjj18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote