View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 09:44 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Smile Hi. Just joined this site. Had PN for 8 weeks now

Howdy. Im a 66yo male from NZ. 8 weeks ago I woke up in the morning with tingling feet and lack of sensation (not totally) and in some of my fingertips.

this site has been great for info and advice. I think my PN is from too much alcohol for too many years but that remains to be seen

I read the posts about alcohol and NP. After reading those posts I decided to stop drinking last night. I feel like a friend just died even though I know alcohol is my enemy. It was a very quiet night last night, feeling sad and sorry for myself. My wife was drinking on her own. Usually we both stay up drinking but I went to bed early. I had to take 2 sleeping pills just to get to sleep.

I saw a neurologist a few days ago. He thinks the PN could be alcohol related but I have some electro test in a month so that he has more info.

I have alot of tremor going on as well which he was concerned about as well.

Im sure I'll be better off without the booze but I really enjoyed it and it dulled the symptoms too and pepped me up.

Im 4 days into an exercise routine to get fit and lose a few pounds.

Only thing that helps with the tingling feet and numbness is wearing fluffy sheepskin slippers all day.

Nice to meet you all, but I would rather have not

Cheers
Bonanza54 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote