View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 04:10 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hi, I wish I could say my mouth is healing nice but I'm still waiting for it and my fear is growing on, these days I find it hard not to cry

My extraction sites are not improving, and the gum in the adjacent teeth are more reddish, I don't know if this is provocated for a deep cleaned performed after the extractions one and a half month ago (my gums bleeded) or if I irritated them with my brush and later for not brushing on that area for fear, or there is something more going on... I feel lost... The red tissue on my sockets is a little more big in extension but limited to the extraction area over the holes, not swollen neither bleeding. My dentist told me I'm worrying too much for everything but I see my gums are horrible, I have hard lumps (exostosis? thrauma growths?) and red gums persevering in several areas in spite of the cleanings. Maybe I'm being hypochondriac and my gums are reacting for all the thrauma performed these past months. I know my mouth was in very very bad shape for years and maybe it just need a very long time to start healing.

I couldn't stand the fear anymore and the last week I consulted an oral surgeon in a second clinic. He take xrays on the extraction sites and it seems there is bone formed in the sockets. He told me that maybe I was irritating the gums over the extractions with the food while eating but I'm very careful with that I told him I'll be keep going to his clinic so they schedulled a CT scan in a few days for be able to see all of my mouth and teeth in detail and take action.

Sorry for this long post, I guess I just needed to get this off my chest... I'm so scared!!! I just look at my mouth and my mind only see sinister things going on in every inch of my gums and jaws...

Last edited by Lisa80; 02-09-2020 at 04:34 PM.
Lisa80 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote