Thread: Burning feet
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 02:14 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briley7333 View Post
GM Razzle51-

My PN started with numbness on soles of both feet. Over 5 yrs advanced to Severe Neuropathy, confirmed with Conductivity testing 4 times.
Take 3200 mg gabapentin and 6 mg ropiniole daily. Couldn't deal the manner in which Antidepressants interefered with my sleep. Stopped opiiates. Sedation and other common side effects became intolerable.

PN pain and periodic epidsodes of severe cramping are a daily challenge.
Consultations and testing with the best neurologists repeatedly confirmed PN and kSpinal Stenosis but without effective treatments or remediation of pain.

Moved from Detroit area where I was patient of U of M Dept of Neutology that did intervene with epidurals when crises occurred but now live in Tennessee where I'm continuing to search for a neurologist to provide ongoing PN care and pain mgmt.

I take the std supplements, Magnesium, B-12, alpha liproic acid, prescibed Vitamin-D.

Accupuncture was $70 / visit w/o noticeable benefit

My primary care is a DO that performs "Manipulation", that seems to be only non-drug therapy that's proven effective for me.
Could be worth investigating for your situation.

All the best,
Briley7333
You mentioned in your post that you take 3200mg Gabapentin as well as 6mg Ropinirol. I am taking both medications as well, albeit in smaller dosis. I am wondering if you have any side effects. In my case the ropinirole makes me very dizzy and tired, which is a nuicance during the day, but helps with sleeping at night.because it kills the neuropathy and RLS. Please let me know. wenders
wenders is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote