View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 02:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, IHH! I've missed your posts, hon. My fault not yours, been sick and in major pain lately.

You hit a timely subject, at least for me. I had a dr.s appt the other day, and one thing I had to discuss was warts on my feet. (I got them from the aids). I also have four ingrown and thick toenails, they've been that way for many years now... since about two years after I got the rsd.

Well, Dr. said she needed to "burn off" the warts, and then send me to a podiatrist to deal with them and the ingrown toenails. I said sure, not knowing any better.

It turns out "burning off" is actually "freezing them off" with dry ice stuff in a mace-type can!! It was hurting like holy heck, but I just did my usual "grin and bear it" routine. She finally noticed how much it was hurting, and stated that she had never seen anyone hurt so much during treatment, it was usually too numb from the cold to hurt!!

I about came up off the table at her. I almost yelled, Deb, what on earth were you thinking?? You know better than to use ice on an rsd patient! She had the grace to turn beet red and say "OMG, I never thought of it that way, I absolutely should NOT have done that" Well, that helps a lotttt <sarcastic grin> Deb, gee thanks. Is that apology going to make the pain any less? (Obviously not, I had it done on the 20th and feet are still killing me)

So, I am totally looking forward to finding out what happens when you go to the podiatrist. I'll get lots of good tips for my upcoming visit!

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote