View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 08:45 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Knee replacement 6 years post crps dx; anyone else?

I tore the medial meniscus into the root horn on my non primary crps leg. There is a lot of swelling and degeneration of the joint.
My Ortho really seems to understand crps. He is the one that originally suspected I had it. He is also the one that suspected I had a crushed nerve and did the surgery to decompress it. That was about 3 years ago. My crps has since gone full body.
With the currentent damage my Ortho feels it would be better to just replace the knee because he feels with all the damage and degeneration it is headed there eventually anyway. He feels that doing a scope now to clean things up would just be a bandaid and an additional surgery that would have minimal improvement.
He said something that resonated with me. The pain and swelling in my knee is a pain generator(TRUE). This pain could be adding fuel to my crps. I found this to be an interesting theory.
He will use ketamine as part of the anesthesia and will do a nerve block. I take vitamins C and may do a short course of gabapentin pre surgery.
All that said, has anyone had a knee replacement post crps diagnosis? Wondering how it went. Thanks
Barb
Irish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Karilee (02-13-2020)