View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 09:49 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default DEBILITATING Peripheral Neuropathy- Sharp Deep Aching Muscle & Nerve Pain

Hello. I am new here. I am searching for others with the same pain/issues as I am currently going through. I was recently diagnosed with idiopathic small fiber neuropathy through a muscle biopsy in my calf. I have had symptoms ranging from weakness to temporary partial "paralysis," chest pain while breathing, migraines, short term memory problems, and PAIN actually since around 2014 when I was MISdiagnosed with MS (a small lesion on the spine at T7-T8). Since the symptoms progressed and no more lesions were found, that diagnosis was recently retracted, and through many doctors and recently a brilliant neurologist at Chapel Hill, I was diagnosed with this unmanageable painful disorder. Since August of 2019, the pain has gotten MUCH WORSE. It's NOT burning pain like many I am reading on here, but deep, sharp, aching, pulling, breaking pain. It travels around, but lately has been in my arms and more often in just the right arm. I sometimes have swelling in my arms and hands, as well as feet. I wake up some mornings so stiff that I cannot move. I have had EVERY rheumatological test possible (and more than once!), as well as ALL neurologic (even genetic) testing... the muscle biopsy finally revealed SLIGHT nerve damage, but enough apparently to dx IDIOPATHIC small fiber peripheral neuropathy. I have tried gabapentin, duloxetine, lyrica, tegretol, ketamine, oxycontin, oxycodone, morphine, buprenorphine, and more but NOTHING works for the pain! If you are suffering from these same symptoms, PLEASE REPLY. I REALLY need to talk to others dealing with this.
10paindaily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote