View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Todd, it is appalling that anyone has to fight for what is right. It is very sad that the MDS that your plan has enlisted to its network has such a poor reputation.

I have been very fortunate to have always been able to find excellent MDS physicians. My first was in Tampa, FL at Tampa General Hospital, then here in Baltimore at the Univ of Maryland, and now I am with an MDS in Philadelphia whom, gratefully, I do also like.

This is one thing about Medicare that is good...no referrals needed to see a doctor of any kind.

It is finally trying to rain here in south central Pennsylvania. The grass is brown everywhere. We need the rain badly.

Sitting around the house with little to do is not an easy thing to do. I have always been so busy in my life...grandchild sitting, stitching guild, always driving somewhere. Once I get registered with the local county transportation system, I will be able to get around better...still waiting for the registration forms to arrive.

I did receive my red shopping cart yesterday. I had ordered it online. I put the wheels on it and today I took it to the local grocery...one block from my home. It was an odd feeling rolling the cart along the sidewalk and through the store...but I am grateful to have the silly red thing...makes lugging groceries home a lot easier...no lugging. Shopping has been problematic since I got home from the hospital and have been unable to drive a car...one must take care not to overload the grocery bags. I was having to carry them home.

Tomorrow I will be walking across town to my psychologist appointment. Good exercise, right?!! My daughter has to be in Harrisburg at the main campus tomorrow, so I can't get a ride with her on her lunch hour.

What a pain it is to not be able to drive a car!!

Have a great week wherever you are in our great wide world!

Weekly Check-In July 22-28, 2007 Welcome New Community Members!-garfield-flowers_4497-jpg
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote