View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 11:21 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Back and forth slip on ice

So I had a little accident last Monday. Was walking on a icy surface. Stepped on a particularly slippery patch and slipped, causing me to be jolted quite hard backwards. In an attempt to avoid falling I tried to regain my footing but this caused me to slip again, this time forward and I managed to catch myself just enough to avoid falling.

This all happened in like half a second and was basically a back and forth whiplash type jolt/movement from all the slipping.

Yes I struggle with some anxiety and mental issues and yes I panicked a bit after this happened because it was quite scary for me. But even since I’ve calmed the anxiety down I’ve been feeling quite rubbish in the past 5 days since it’s happened. Just all around physically unwell. Brain is slow, feeling physically sick, head heavy, neck a little stiff. I guess all the typical setback/reinjury stuff.

My questions: has anyone had something similar happen to them and how did you react?

Would this incident be one which potentially caused further brain damage and thus I should be checked out or is it more likely just a set back and I should just ride it out?

Am I doing the right thing by trying to push trough and still keeping my normal schedule of school and work and social life? I missed a couple days of school but I can no longer afford to miss school and work without repercussions

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this, tried to keep it concise without dramatics.
BenW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote