View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 10:54 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Confused New here: 10 years after MTBI, frustrated, angry, depressed, isolated

Ironically I had my injury with immediate CTSCAN and post concussion diagnosis with no advice whatsoever while I was the full time care giver for my formerly brilliant scientist husband who had been diagnosed with Early (younger) onset Alzheimer’s.

The good news is I learned a lot about the brain. The bad news in I was living in an extremely stressful situation and all my attention was on creating the best possible experience for my husband.

It wasn’t until after he died in 2014 that a Brain Counselor told me I had a “brain injury!!! I protested and was stunned. Long story resulting in huge amounts of stress over four years and resulting in an increase in my symptoms. In bed for days with headaches, severe short term memory loss, anxiety, depression, balance, impulsive in my trust of others resulting in being taken advantage of while I was every time simply amazed that not everyone was as empathetic (too much so) as I.

But I’m still struggling with dwindling hope. But sad, lonely (no family) or any friends in my current town. Trying desperately to move while dealing with badly done renovations and extreme fatigue and exhaustion.

Too exhausted to continue thank god as rambling is a consistent complaint from doctors.
effysmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote