View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 08:54 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Fell back on Asphalt

New to forum.
I slipped on ice that was hidden under a thin layer of light snow in my driveway 10 days ago. Landed flat on my back and the back of my head hit the ground hard, asphalt with ice layer and it was -15c at the time. Did not pass out of vomit but felt the impact over my entire skull and was a little dazed. I’d describe it like a big bell ringer sensation. I was also panicked as was alone at the time and couldn’t get hold of my husband initially.

Rested all that day and went to dr the next day due to headache persisting (but not worsening) and bad frontal and side neck pain that had developed from the whiplash.

Dr diagnosed whiplash and concussion. I was tired and slept a lot the first 3 days but then I started waking in night for a couple of hours. Now I don’t have daytime fatigue but am getting a headache most days and dealing with lower and upper back pain for which I am getting physio.

Have been off work a week and going back to my dr today. I have a desk job which is spreadsheet heavy (plus a 45-60 min drive each way with two stops to drop off my young kids).

I as m having rear head pain when lying on my back and it seems to create a pressure headache in my forehead when I do that but I can’t really sleep in other positions due to other aches and pains.

I’d like to go back to work as I feel mostly ok at home. I will see what my dr days but anyone here had a similar experience? I’m doing most things at home and getting a headache in the afternoon or evening mostly.
Icefall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote