View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 08:12 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davOD View Post
I am very confused by this statement?....You were fine or just preoccupied to know you had a brain injury?

Its wasnt till a Dr. told you you had one the symptoms showed up?
No, I see I was rambling As per usual and assuming others know what I know About my own background. Sorry about that. I have been diagnosed immediately with postconcussion syndrome but it was never explained to me as anything serious nor was I given any instructions Such as to rest etc which I’ve learned since should be advised.

I had Severe headaches for which I was given Vicodin and short term memory loss and a complete inability to read. My PCP told me this was typical and would go away soon. When it didn’t he ordered an MRI which he said he was sure would be normal. Later reading my medical report I noted he wrote “patient should be patient.”

When it came back abnormal he sent me to a neurologist who was insulting as hell and brushed me off asking me to have another MRI in a month and return. NO THANKS.

Odd as it may seem now I never thought of this “soon to go away” post concussion thing as a brain injury. Later one Brain type doctor read the original CT Scan and noted that there was a skull fracture not mentioned in the IMPRESSIONS, which is why it is important to have the original scans and not just the summaries which can be incorrect.

Explaining is very difficult for me and irritates doctors but ten years of explaining ....
effysmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (02-19-2020)