View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 05:21 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Fibro yes, now investigating MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail View Post
I was just wondering does anyone else who has MG have fibromyalgia.
I went and saw my neuro on Friday(always such a pleasure NOT)
He mentioned my arm and leg pain (as my neuro nurse whom I see had written to him, and had mentioned it in her letter) he asked if I still got it, I said yes, and then he went onto another subject. Today(wednesday) I got the letter he sends to my GP and a cc to me, in it he says "..... a background of generalised muscle ache and pain and fatigue, which is probably a form of fibromyalgia (relationship to MG)." and thats it nothing else, needles to say Im a little confused . I will talk to my neuro nurse, shes wonderful in looking after me and answering all my questions my neuro doesn't have time to answer. But I thought Id see if anyone else has these 2 diseases?!?!?!?

Fibro diagnosis 2-ish years ago, now investigating MG which I had not heard of until today.
Much reading led me here.

The first symptom that seemed to prick up my Doc's ears concerning MG is how my weakness has seemed to increase as my magnesium use (soaking) for Fibro has increased.
I have not heard of other Fibros who respond so feebly to magnesium. I wake with leg cramps from hades and even while soaking in magnesium I can still get cramps.

Is this common to others with with or both conditions?

I read (but forgot where) that MGers often respon to magnesium with more weakness, so this very standard and often helpful treatment for Fibro may exaccerbate the MG. This mirrors my Doc's concern.

If so, this seems pretty important info for treatment/management plans for both conditions, as well as a potential redflag to take notice of.

That's why I am wondering if any of this is familiar to anyone here, or if it raises any thoughts.

Brand new member and this discussion here is the catalyst to join
TheoRhetorical is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote