Old 02-19-2020, 01:44 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoRhetorical View Post
G'day
My tolerance to Lyrica was so bad I could hardly get off base doses. Yet even coming off that gave me miniversions of these common symptoms

I have also seen the bad side of Lyrica in full effect in another Fibro sufferer

I think it is wise to look at some of the more medically-orientated drug and alcohol withdrawl/detox sites. Their general info on getting through withdrawls may offer some relevant ideas.

Also - it seems unless I have misread, there is much self-medicating happening here. Adding this, overdosing that, suddenly ceasing the other... I am going to have to say, of course your body and mind are going through hades. While I am not reading that this is a cause of your conditions, I would be concerned that such a cluster of such strong meds with such a range of impactful effects and side-effects may increase or intensify some of the experieces you are suffering.

Some people say, "Stop listening to doctors" but sometimes when suffering so long with such little effective support we get used to selfmanaging. It has its traps though, too.

If I have misread, please excuse my reply.

One thing I can advise is to try to, "Reality Check" as much as you need. Just to refocus on the reasons you are experiencing this and the reality that if you keep fighting, withdrawls receed and pass. Do it yourself, and ask those closest to you to call a, "Reality Check" if you are losing focus. A good ally who is aware of what is happening for you can be better than a pill...

Good luck!!
I've read so many horrors of this Lyrica drug, I wouldn't touch it if it were free.
And taking Lyrica is hardly self medicating, it's handed out by the docs. I woke up in the 80's to the dangers of the RX drugs.
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote