View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 07:49 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Hi! I`m new to the group, but not with the NP.
I have NP in my feet for 4-5 years. I started with Gabapentin 4 years ago, and it worked good for the first year or so. The problem with Gaba is the tolerance.
Now, 4 years later, I still use it, but I can`t feel any relief any longer. At one time I decided to stop taking it, and I managed to do so, after 1 very hard year of tapering. It is horrible physically addictive. Just a few days later, the pain went trough the roof, so I went back to 900 mg 3 time a day again. It got better, but at times the pain was still unbearable in my feet.
I also take Amytriptaline 50 mg pr. day. But I am worried that it affect my cognitive abilities.
The big breaktrough for me was when my doctor 3 months ago put me on 20 mg Methadone once a day. Now, finally, I feel I can focus on other things than the pain in my feet. I pray that the tolerance is low, (very long half life) so I can stay at this dosage for the duration.
I know I need medication to be able to live with this, and all of them is addictive one way or the other. But at 64 I`m not so worried about that. The most important is to have a good quality of life. I have also heard about one week infusions of small dosages of Ketamin. It is supposed to be the best. Let`s face it: we will have to live with this curse the rest of our lives.
Razpunsel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote