Thread: My SFN Story
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 03:38 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

I also have severe sfn diagnosed via skin biopsy.

I get full body burning and tingling sensations from head, face, arms legs, back, chest and stomach, along with allydonia, muscle and joint pain, anxiety.

For me any thing that makes my brain have to process information makes the symptoms worse, such as reading, or watching tv, or even thinking, I pretty much have to be in a semi meditative state all the time kinda zoned out like a zombie or my symptoms will flair.

Also it seem I have another condition called (multiple chemical sensitivity) and any chemicals and most foods will make my neuropathy and other symptoms flair up. So I can't leave the house becuase of car exhaust, people in public wearing perfume, chemicals in stores ect. so I am pretty much housebound and have been for the last 4 years.

Because of my chemical sensitivities I can't take any meds, I have tried opiods, gabapentin, lyrica, antidepressants and a bunch of vitamins supplements but they just cause the pain to flair.

I did a 2 week water fast and on day 4 of the fast all of my symptoms went away
so I kept it up for another 10 days and had no symptoms for those 10 days either, I thought I had cured myself but I soon as I started eating again all the symptoms came right back.

Not sure if a longer fast would be any better or not.

Recently I cut out all carbs and sugar from my diet and went full carnivore (meat, salt and water only) and my symptoms seem to be less severe but it is so hard to stick to stick to, everybody in my house is eating pizza and drinking coke and icecream and I just have to smell it and look at it and it drives me nuts. Makes it very difficult to stick to it ya know.

I also just started LDN (Low dose Neltrexone) but have only been on it for about a week. I have heard some people with sfn who said the got some relief from it but it takes like anywhere from 6 weeks to several months to start working. Some people even said it took as long as 6 months to a year before it started working.
Thomasdoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote