3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Hi,

Does exercise help?

In what ways does fasting work for you?

M
I'll answer quickly, but then I really need to go and start my day.

JOURNAL UPDATE-------

(This morning's update is that I slept until 1pm and I don't even go to bed that late either!! So, off to a bad start, IMO. Don't get to spend as much time on the internet this morning...although maybe that's a good thing. Lol)

CONTINUED ANSWER--------

So, when I was fasting, I couldn't sleep as well or for as long because I was too hungry or I just didn't need it (apparently you need less sleep when fasting, or so I've heard). It worked in that I was able to jump start weight loss again after struggling so much. But I got my period and stopped and tried starting again, but then I got sick and blah blah blah, haven't exactly done it again since.

Exercise can be an excellent mood booster as well as help with sleep quality and quantity (if needed). Unfortunately when I was in my anxious state a few years back, I began to worry about injuring myself during workouts (ie falling off the treadmill or dropping weights on my toes or I dunno. You get the picture). Then I got depressed and was already out of practice and just could not get much motivation to work out. Finally after lots of "encouragement" and the right interests I was having at the time (yoga, flexibility challenges) I decided I could start with that, some floor exercises where I could basically sit on my *** or stand with little or less intensity and still burn some calories, maintain strength and get back to being flexible again like I was in my "prime" years (I quote prime because while I was fit in some ways, I think I'm more fit now in other ways...like strength or at least healthier strength practices). Yeah, think that sums it up!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-27-2020), Dmom3005 (03-01-2020), mymorgy (02-28-2020)