View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 08:39 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agate View Post
Ocrevus has been OK'd for SPMS IF it's still "active"--new or enhancing lesions on the MRI makes it active.

Back when the ABCR drugs were pretty much what we had to choose from, none of them was specified as being for SPMS though Betaseron may have been approved (if I recall) for some people, and even so, the doctors were prescribing the ABCR drugs for people with SPMS on the offchance that they just might help. I know because two different neuros prescribed them for me even though I had no new lesions and no enhancing ones and had had SPMS for many years.

So are the doctors prescribing Ocrevus for SPMS that isn't considered active? I've been wondering.
Hi Agate,

I think mine is SPMS now but the doctor hasn't labeled it such. I haven't had new or active lesions in years, at least not in the brain. He hasn't done a spinal MRI and I've been with him for over six years.

I started Ocrevus last July. In January I had my first full infusion. My legs are getting weaker and I have a lot of pain from my lower lumbar through my thighs.

I figure it can't hurt? But he has mentioned stopping treatment at some point because of my age.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (03-02-2020)