View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 08:33 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Newcomer 25 years old

Hey guys, I’m a 25 yo college student. I began to see some signs of PN about a month ago and I am worried sick about it. For about 5 years I have been a relatively heavy binge drinker getting drunk about 2-4 nights a week. About 2 months ago I started drinking heavier all coming to a head on a vacation with some friends where we went hard for a week. After sobering up and getting back to reality I went through a mild withdrawal (first ever) and took a week off to let my body recuperate. Everything seemed to return to normal besides some muscle twitching which I assumed was just a little longer lasting side effect of the withdrawal. I realized I needed a change and cut myself back to one night of drinking per week. I have been sticking to that for the past 4 weeks but have started to notice that my pinky’s are “asleep” when I wake up, like pins and needles for a few seconds (worse after the night of drinks) also my circulation in my hands and feet seems to be worse than it was previously and I have minor issues swallowing after a night of drinking. When I abstain for any period of time the symptoms fade. I’m going to take a whole month off to see what happens. I’d REALLY like to know if anyone knows if it’s possible that this is just a temporary thing that can be solved by abstaining from alcohol for a few months or if it’s always Permanent and will resume if I ever drink again? I’ve started taking a b complex, fish oil, and magnesium as well. None of the symptoms affect my day to day activities (yet) but am wondering if I caught this early enough for complete reversal? Please help, I’ve been reading through this forum for hours and haven’t found a similar case. My doctor is not concerned that it’s alcoholic neuropathy bc I’m only 25.
Wdyk1028 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote