View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 05:57 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I was getting worse before I started Ocrevus. My neuro knew about the pain and weakness but the pain had been attributed to back problems. I made an appointment with a neurosurgeon about a month ago and he said there is nothing seriously wrong other than normal aging. He said there is no surgical fix for my pain.

I did have a minor herniated disc at L-5 but that has improved with chiropractor treatment for five months. The medicines I take to control my pain probably make the weakness progress too. I take baclofen and gabapentin 3x a day and tramadol in the evening on bad days.

I'm thinking about getting authorized for medical cannabis to see if that will work better for the pain.

I belong to a Facebook group for Ocrevus patients and there are many taking it. There are quite a few in their 60s and 70s too.

The neurosurgeon I saw suggested a MRI of my thoracic spine. He's not a neurologist though so I don't put a lot of stock in that. I might suggest it to the neuro next month though. If I do have spinal lesions there is nothing more to be done anyway. I can't tolerate high dose steroids, and I'm already taking Ocrevus. There might be a better treatment for those with spinal lesions though so I suppose it can't hurt.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote