View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 06:03 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agate View Post
If your legs are getting weaker since you began the Ocrevus, I wonder if it's the drug for you? And yet without it maybe you've had had worse problems?

The whole issue is such a gamble, and you feel you ought to be doing whatever you can to halt the MS progression. At least that's the way I felt.

But I chickened out finally. I'm partial to drugs that have stood the test of time, and I'm not sure that any of the MS drugs have been around long enough to know what their effects are over the long term.

It's too bad that your legs are getting weaker and you're having pain. I have those problems too. Does physical therapy help at all?

I'm fairly sure it has helped me.

Seems as if your neuro would want a spinal MRI under the circumstances. Maybe that was overlooked? I've noticed that doctors forget what's been done and not done. Many doctors seem seriously overloaded with cases.
Physical therapy definitely helps me but it's a lot of work. Do you still get it? Also, the older treatments aren't as effective. That's why I chose Ocrevus. I tried Aubagio and Gilenya and they tore up my digestive tract.

What I'm seeing among the users online is initial hair loss and frequent upper respiratory bugs because Ocrevus depletes part of your B cells and it can lower your immunity. It has only given me minor side effect so far.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote