View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 01:49 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Is the normal progression towards pain?

I was diagnosed with Idiopathic PN two and half years ago. Although my symptoms have fluctuated, for the most part, they have been "painless"--fasciculations and tingling, buzzing, and itching.

However, over the last month or so my symptoms have changed: they are dominated by shooting pain and shocks in my feet and, occasionally, legs.

Last fall, I was doing well so well and was full of hope, experimenting with anticholinergic patches; however, I stopped taking them, and, on top of that, had a really stressful winter.

Now, my symptoms have changed: I have the dreaded shooting pains (to the extent that I involuntarily let out a shout on occasions). I am also back on nortripyline which makes me sad as I was off it for the 6 months previous when I was doing so well.

Is this the standard trajectory? Does PN move from the discomfort of buzzing and tingling towards pain?

Is there a correlation between the extent of nerve damage and the symptoms--does pain indicate things have worsened, or is it just another facet? Could it blow over?

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited by Streetlegal; 03-06-2020 at 02:16 AM.
Streetlegal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote