View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 11:55 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

i think if vitamin C deficiency increased the chances of getting pd you would see clusters in many parts of the world where there are is a lot of malnutrition such as africa and the middle east but you don't. .but there are clusters of people in the middle east with dwarfism caused by having only whole wheat grain to eat as children. the whole wheat has phytic acid which is a sugar with 6 phosphate groups attached and chelates cations like iron and specifically zinc which is not absorbed and results in dwarfism. i find it impossible that if there was a correlation between vitamin-c deficiency and pd researchers wouldn't have noticed it to a much greater extent. i've never seen anyone post on any board say they think their pd was related to a vitamin-c deficiency, in other words have never seen anyone say they ever had a vitamin-c deficiency.

The most common risk factors for vitamin C deficiency are poor diet, alcoholism, anorexia, severe mental illness, smoking and dialysis (2Trusted Source, 3Trusted Source).

I don't think there is a correlation between alcoholism and pd.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moondaughter (03-08-2020), parkinsons here-now (03-08-2020)