View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 04:41 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archippos View Post
I've been taking Spring Valley brand taurine supplements (1000mg). I'm not sure how good they are, since my pain is still just as severe as always (newly diagnosed; my pain started during Nov '19). I also take 250mg magnesium and 200mg turmeric (because I misread the label and thought it was taurine, but I don't like to waste things...) to try to help manage the pain, with no benefit.
You may NOT be taking enough Taurine. Most amino acids I've taken over my years says 1000mg 3 times daily.

Recommended Dosage of Taurine | Livestrong.com

Start taking more daily and see, start with 2 daily and then 3 and see, also amino acids need to be taken away from foods.

Also your other 2 supplements you take are low doses. Again we have to experiment with our bodies..I take far more magnesium daily and on the turmeric I take at least 500mg daily and some days I take 2. I've been taking supplements for a LONG time and learn to work with them for me.

I've been working on being my own doctor on my health for many yrs. And if one takes pharma drugs, good to check on interaction issues.
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote