View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 06:28 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Ninat
I am new to this forum, so I hope I am posting my reply in the right place. I am, however, not new to crps. If you have been looking around you have probably found the Budapest criteria? That is the standard used to determine if a patient has crps. But, in truth it is just a guideline. Since crps is a diagnosis of exclusion it can make diagnosing it difficult. On top of that, it seems to have different appearances from person to person. I can understand why you are questioning whether or not you have it since you (thankfully) are pain free. I know people who have varying degrees of pain. Many people describe their pain differently, some say stinging, some say burning, somempeople have hot limbs, some people have cold ones. As the name implies it is complex. But I cant say that I have met anyone in my 7ish year journey that had no pain.
There are many ppl who think doctors over diagnose this disease and there are many like me who fgo for 3 or more years before someone figures it out.
The discoloration and swelling of you leg are certainly classic symptoms. I guess the best advice I could give you would be to seek a second opinion. Your leg is swollen and discolored so something must be going on with it. You did not say where you are located, but if you have access to a large teaching institution that might be a place to help you find answers.
I am glad that you found us here. I hope you will keep posting and let us know where your journey takes you. Hopefully we can help and support you along the way.
Best
Barb
Irish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote