View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 09:17 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdyk1028 View Post
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone’s ever heard of any cases where there has been complete reversal of alcoholic PN if caught in the very early stages? I’ve only had a few minor symptoms for about a month now and all symptoms fade substantially after about a week of abstinence from drinking. I’m 25, very active, and aside from the PN symptoms I’d consider myself very healthy. Is it possible to completely recover nerve damage if caught early enough to the point where I can drink in moderation with no flare ups or symptoms if I don’t drink for an extended period of time to heal? Icehouse gave me some encouraging news earlier but I’m wondering if anyone else has any input.
It is possible. It happened to me. About 3 weeks after my very first symptoms I completely abstained from alcohol. Now with 2 weeks sober my symptoms seems to have mostly disappeared - though I’m not totally out of the woods.

I will never drink again so I can’t counsel you on continuing moderate drinking. But full recovery is possible with mild, early caught alcoholic neuropathy.
PullThrough is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (03-14-2020)