View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 02:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

thanks for the links to the supplements. I've tried some of the supplements in the past but not all of them and perhaps not enough dosage? I realize that there's a lot of people who have been given an "idiopathic" dx - where docs have basically given up looking for a cause but like Caroline mentioned.. finding a cause is actually pretty important, esp if its autoimmune/ MS/ etc.. (things like IVIG won't even be offered without a dx).

As for small fiber.. i did a biopsy and it was negative.. but i realize they could've just missed the right spot to biopsy. However, according to a different neurologist, small fiber is recent in discovery (last 10yrs) and not much can be done about it other than offering standard drugs (lyrica, noratryptaline, amatryptaline, cymbalta... etc excuse my misspellings).... with some folks even having to combine drugs, etc...

I was just hoping someone out there with my situation actually tried a cocktail that worked and could offer suggestions.

On tope of it when the standard tests don't show anything, I've had doctors suggest that its psychologically related (anxiety, trauma) or some sort of central sensitization syndrome (which doesn't seem to fit)... If its anywhere in this realm than they are suggesting years of therapy might help..

I just don't know which route to go and was hoping someone could point in the right direction without me having to guess and spend countless hours/ dollars chasing the next guess.

Thanks again for the links.. i'll definitely keep supplementing.. at least that is the least expensive/ least potentially damaging route to take for now.
Joe2324 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote