View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 06:26 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Question I get my head bumped pretty regularly

Hello 🤠

I work for a friend of mine as an assistant dog trainer. (I’m not a professional, my friend is. I just walk around correctinh people based on what she has taught me. It’s usually groups of around 20-40 people on a big field so she can’t handle everyone herself)

The problem is that i got a concussion a little more than 1 and a half months ago and have had what might have been a second one 10 days after the first one and i still feel like garbage a month later with preassure headaches and foggines, nausea amongst way too many other things to name.

Many of the dogs are there at the training bacause the are bad mannered, so many of them jump up when you get near them. For the small dogs that obviously doesn’t matter, but the bigger dogs bump my head pretty often. Usually they hit my chin when im looking down and push my head upwards that way, sometimes they hit my temple if i’m looking away. (I’m not a particularly tall person, but about average).

My question is if that is dangerous for me? I don’t want to quit dog training, since it is pretty much the only joy i have left and that would leave my friend in a pretty bad position, but on the other hand i’m concerned that it might be making my recovery take longer, halt it entirely or even do more damage to my brain. Usually they hit me with their nose, which as you all know is pretty soft, but maybe once a week or every two weeks their skull collides with mine.

Thanks to anyone that answers :-)
Atlas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote