View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 04:01 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Okay that’s fine. I’m sorry to ask similar questions, and i do understand that you don’t want to answer repetitive questions. It’s an issue with me, i’m sorry. It’s just that i’m very frustrated. I’m very thankfull of your time.

My first concussion was caused by being pushed backwards violently and hitting a concrete wall. I am told i was out for about 3 minutes. My left pupil was blown out and almost didn’t react to light at all, causing the hospital to CT scan, the results were no bleeding, sent home but told not to be alone.

Second one was because i tripped and fell and hit my head on the floor. That time i didn’t lose conciousness. A CT scan was done again, which again showed no bleeding. I was unsure if i had actually got a second concussion, but the doctor that saw me said that one of my pupils had significant delayed reaction time, whether that was “left over” from the first concussion or not i don’t know.

The symptoms at their worst were a headsplitting headache for a couple of weeks especially when in well lit areas, fogginess, concentration difficulties, sound sensitivity, nausea and the occasional vomiting. Balance issues. My memory has never been very good, but i feel ot has gotten alot worse. Sleep difficulty (i can still only sleep for roughly two hours before waking and having to fall asleep again, and even when i do sleep i am plagued by nightmares)

The symptoms i have now are pretty much the same but way more mild. The headsplitting headache has been replaced with a pressure headache on the left side above the ear, when provoked with physical exertion it expands to a crown of pain so to speak minus the forehead. The vomiting is gone, but nausea occasionally makes an apperance. Light sensitivity is gone as well. The fogginess and concentration difficulty comes and goes, i have a hard time visualizing, something that i was always very good at.

Many of the symptoms were and are way worse if i tried any physical activity, so i’m very carefull with how much i exert myself, however i do push myself everyday so as not to stay inactive. I am already in treatment at a neurologisk, he had ordered a MRI, but the wait list is apparently long so i’m still waiting on word for when that will be, still i doubt it will show any real results, since my neurologisk told me that it is unlikely that they will find anything, he’s just doing it to be safe.

I have also attempted to get a psychologist to treat the anxiety, but that is not currently working out due to corona virus lockdown in Denmark. I am sure that many of the symptoms are anxiety related, in particular i suspect the visualization issue to be related to some kind of mental block, i certainly hope so. The other symptoms are most likely just enhanced by it. I feel i’m getting a better handle on the anxiety lately, as i said in my last post i try to not think about small things, but i still have a long way to go. It should also be said that i haver never ever had a problem with anxiety before all of this, i’ve always been a very grounded person, but no longer.

Last i’m also looking into someone that can take a look at my neck, because my neurologist said that many times neck problems could make a concussion feel many times worse than it actually is.
Atlas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote